A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Monday 5 November 2012

Sleek Ultra Mattes V2

Sleek was always a brand I walked past, under the impression they wouldnt have anything to offer me. Well I couldn't have been more wrong! I purchased the face form palette and loved it so I went back to see what else was on offer. I decided on an idivine eye shadow palette and grabbed the Ultra Mattes V2 Darks collection.

Sleek Ultra Darks Palette £7.99 superdrug

I instantly fell in love with it. The packaging with Sleek is gorgeous and looks much more expensive than the £7.99 price tag. The outside box is stunning It gives the products a real high end look even though you have picked it up at a drugstore. Once you get inside the box and get the actual palette out its in a matte black box which is ,excuse the pun, so sleek in design. The packaging is very durable I've had this in my hand bag all day while I've been on my travels on the train and running about uni. Not one eye shadow has broken or split. As with all Sleek palettes there is an almost edge to edge mirror in the lid, which is great for using on the go.



The palette has a plastic film over the shadows with the shade names on, this also helps keep your mirror clean. There is nothing worse than a dusty mirror when your doing your make up! The palette also comes with a double ended sponge applicator. I never use these I always use brushes, unless I'm travelling light and not wanting to do anything to complicated.

The shadows themselves are beautiful All 12 are highly pigmented with a great colour pay off. Unlike some matte colours these aren't that sheer. I do wear them over either Urban Decays Eden primer or Barry m's eyeshadow pencil in shade no 1. Each shadow is blendable and work really well together. Like all dark shadows there is fall out but this is expected.

The shades. Top row.

Top row swatched

Left to right:
Orbit:  dark smokey teal
Ink: Dark navy blue
Highness: Sheer dark purple
Noir: Black
Dune: A neutral yellowy highlight shade. This colour is very sheer.
Pillow talk: White



Bottom Row

  
Bottom row Satched

Left to right

Thunder: Steel grey
Maple: A light reddy brown
Flesh: A skin tone shade
Paper bag: A medium brown
Villan:: A dark purpled tone brown
Fern: A dark green.

The amount looks you can achieve with this palette is endless. Yes all the shadows are dark but thats okay either don't use as much colour or just mix and match with other shadows, mattes or shimmers, that you have in your collection.

This is the nicest collection of purely matte shadows I have found and is something I will be getting full use of.

*Top tip* When using dark shadows like this, do yours eyes before the rest of your make up. That way any fall out can be cleaned up easily without disturbing your complexion make up.

You can purchase one Here

Do you have any Sleek eye shadows? DO you like sleek eye shadows? Let me know!

xoxo - Lizzy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena