A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Sunday 9 December 2012

MAC Lightscapade

I love high lighting my face and making features pop. I've always had difficulty finding a nice one I don't really get on with liquid ones. I've always been intrigued by this MAC's lightscapade but they discontinued it and trying to find one was a nightmare not to mention prices were sky high! Every one wanted to get their hands on this. So when I discovered it had gone back on sale I was so excited and just had to have it! I was brought this for my birthday. Boyfriend got it right again!


I love this! Its lovely and almost ivory not quite champagne coloured. The one I have as you can see isn't all that blue. Which is great, I was warned by a friend that some of them are quite bluey in colour. 


Its a nice subtle high lighter and looks great oround the cheek bones and brow bones area. It gives my skin a really nice glow. This also catches the light beautifully.

MAC Lightscapade £21.50


I love the packaging this is in. It stands out in my box. As this is my only individual powder high lighter its in with my blushes so against all my others this stands out even though it has a more basic packaging.


This is one of their Mineralize skin finishes. I do own soft and gentle and love that as a high lighter too. To apply Lightscapade I use Real Techniques setting brush, This is because it is big enough to cover the places you want to high light but small enough to have a great amount of control over where you apply the product.   But this is just amazing. I have seen a few bloggers speak about the difference in veining between this and the original, I never had an original or got to a MAC store when it was available so I have no idea about any comparisons.

The only thing I have similar to this is Benefits Watts up, but that is a cream high lighter, but the colours are quite similar. I do like to layer this over Watts up, this does a give an ultra high lighted look. But I'll talk more about that product later.

This is super pretty and looks amazing on. Im fairly pale as is my sister and I've used it on her with great results and we're both cool toned. My other sister is warmer toned than me but I've yet to talk her around to letting me trial it on her so I'm not sure how it looks on darker/warmer skin tones.

What highlighters do you use? Have you used this? Let me know!

You can purchase this at House of Fraser stores or online here

xoxo - Lizzy

3 comments:

  1. it really looks lovely!!i dont really highlight that much often but i love highlights as a product. I've been thinking getting soft and gentle since it is very famous and ok prize.

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have soft and gentle as well and its beautiful! Mines panned and running very low but I just can't bring myself to throw it out yet. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like such a good one

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena