A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Sunday 3 February 2013

ELF HD Blush

When I saw ELF were launching a HD blusher I was really intrigued. ELF aren't a brand I've used before but I have looked at their products and read/heard plenty of good things about them. So when the email about these being on sale I decided to order one.

ELF HD Blush £3.75 ELF


They come in 5 colours and are all varied pinks and purple. I decided on superstar which is a bright peachy pink, and the second lightest shade in the collection. The blush comes in a bottle with a pump for a measured dose.



The blush is incredibly pigmented. I've used this a fair few times and when I say highly pigmented I'm not kidding. a whole pump is far too much to use on your cheeks. I use the tiniest blob and apply it with a stippling brush. A little really does go a long way. If your not careful you will end up looking like a bit clown like.



Like I said tiniest amount gives you a nice flush. You can also build the colour up if you do want a more intense look. The blush itself goes on really smooth and is blendable. It is a matte formula and dries to a powder. I love how non greasy it is. I find with some cheaper cream blushes they can be greasy on the skin or can leave a dewy finish, which I'm not keen on so this is great for me.  The colour lasts all day I normally wear for around 8 hours.

Blended out with flash
The swatch above was blended out with a MUA stippling brush. The above picture of the tiny amount dispensed is what I blended around my hand.

My one and only moan about this is the lid. It never stays on properly which is a nightmare to travel with as I always find the lid and the blush seperate. This is not a product I'd like to leak in my make up bag! It would casue a pretty big mess!

You can buy this blush online Here at a reasonable £3.75

Have you tried these blushes? What blushes do you use? Let me know!

xoxo - Lizzy

4 comments:

  1. This looks great, lots of pigment, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look incredible. Definitely need to add this to my wishlist.

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really pigmented its crazy how much colour you get from a small amount.

    They are incredible definitely recommend these!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena