A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Sleek Contouring Kit.

I have been looking for a perfect contouring kit for a while, i usually would use a bronzer and either a powder high lighter or a shimmery pale eye shadow, but while I was scanning the shelves of my local drugstore I came across this sleek complete contouring kit. I picked up Light which is great for lighter skin tones like mine. Sleek was originally a collection for women of colour. I used to work in an independent beauty boutique where we had a small sleek stand and alot of the products didn't come in lighter colours. Now the brand has exploded and everyone whos a bit savvy grabs their stuff while its around. (This product has been out of stock in a number of stores for a little while now!)

Sleek contouring palette £9.99

The packaging for this product is divine! It looks almost like a bar of chocolate not a make up palette. It is a nice sized compact. It would easily slip into someones hand bag for the night.


I can see why they have named the company sleek, as all the products are in a nice sleek package. The palette itself is nice and easy to open. So all products are protected from accidental dropping.

The palette has great sized products inside and a big mirror which is always handy so you can contour on the move. The colours are perfect for fair skin like mine. The contouring colour is a matte shade which is great news when contouring.  The high light shade and the blush are shimmer shades.

top to bottom: contour shade, highlight shade, blush shade.
The blush shade is a beautiful burnt coppery orange. I find it to be quite reminiscent of urban decays chopper eye shadow. It does look beautiful when worn. I go get a few compliments on the colour when I'm out and about. The high light is also a shimmery shade in a beautiful ivory colour. This shade catches the light perfectly when your out and about.


All three powders are beautifully soft and blend like a dream on your skin. I use a large angled blush brush to blend these and they look amazing. Together they make my cheeks pop. The highlight and contour also look fab with any other blusher you may have you don't need to use the one in this palette. All three products together give the skin a natural glow

Since buying this I am putting the blush palette they do on my wish list!

Do you use sleek? What products do you swear by? Let me know =]

xoxo - Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted this for a while, I had no idea Sleek was orginally for darker skin! I've got their Rose Gold blush and I love it, its by far the best blush Ive ever owned x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was. It still has that emphasis on dark skin tones that no other brand has. I love them everything is incredible with beautiful pigmentation. The blush in this set is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena