A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Sunday 25 November 2012

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner

I love a good lined eye. I prefer Gel eyeliner to liquid just because its more fluid and personally I find it so much easier to use. I'm a bit of a black liner addict so I decided a while ago to change the colour and go for a brown to do some really nice browny neutral eyes and have a liner that isn't so harsh. So I grabbed the Collection 2000 Lasting Colour gel liner.

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour gel eyeliner £4.99



It comes in a small pot with a separate brush. The brush I've never really used as it is so small I find it quite hard to handle. Its a real fiddly brush. So I use with the brush that came with my Maybelline gel liner or any of the angled brushes I have.



The colour of this is a gorgeous chestnut brown and it is beautiful on. The formula is great its very fluid and goes on really easy. It is a bit creamy so I have used it as a cream shadow base for eye looks. I did find it was really greasy and did slide of really easy, but I managed to stop this by setting it with whatever brown shadow was in the palette I was using at the time. This gave it much more staying power and kept the colour quite intense. The one thing I did love was I could use a fair amount of the product and get a real dark brown line or could use a small amount just to give a hint of colour.



From the swatches you can see that the small brush included does give a few option as to how you put it on. You can create thin defined looks or thicker lines with one sweep of the brush. The brush is nice it is just far to small for my hands.

Mine is a few months old and hasn't cried out its still nice and creamy and easy to use. Which is great, nothing worse than going to use a gel eyeliner and discovering its completely dried up!

You can pick this up in all good drugstores, Collection is a brand that is pretty much everywhere! Or you can get it here

Have you tried this? Or another gel eyeliner I should try out? Let me know

xoxo - Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. I love gel eyeliner. I'm a recent convert. I bought the Maybelline one and it's a staple in my makeup bag. I think Collection is brand that's often overlooked.

    Tara @www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maybelline one is a firm favorite for me! It is, they have so many good products I always forget about them as a brand or if I'm in need of something fast I'll run over my local chemist and grab a little something
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena