A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Hask Argan Oil

Argan Oil or Moroccan oil is a pretty big thing at the moment. I'm such a sucker for hair products, especially ones that are going to make it soft and shiney.  I'm also into products that are going to make doing my hair easy. I'm quite lazy when it comes to my hair I like to straighten it and leave it till its washed again, although I am very guilty of not washing my hair too often (About twice a week) and using dry shampoo in between times to keep it refreshed and keep grease at bay. I did have the VO5 Miracle elixir oil but I'm a massive clutz and managed to drop it all over my bedroom floor. Its wooden so obviously that caused a huge problem for me but that's another story.  So when the half bottle I had started running out I went in search of a replacement.

Hask Argan Oil £2.50 Primark

So when I came across this small bottle at the till points in my local Primark I thought I'd give it a try. At £2.50 I didn't think I was risking too much.

You know what, I really didn't risk anything. I love this. The bottle is a hard plastic with a flip up lid almost like certain tablet bottles you can buy paracetamol in. I really dislike this so I have decanted the oil into a bottle with a dropper lid so I can measure how much I'm using each time.

The bottle is quite small, it is only 18 mls but as you only need a tiny amount to achieve results this will last a little while.

I use this on both wet and dry hair. I apply a few drops before I blow dry my hair and then a few more drops once I've styled my hair as a sort of finisher.

The oil itself is a dark orangy colour and has quite a citrus scent to it. Its a nice thick oil so only a small amount around the size of a 5 pence piece is enough for my hair. Which is mid length and sits around the top of a bra strap. Obviously using too much does cause your hair to look greasy and lack lustre.

My hair is beautifully soft, I find myself constantly playing with it. Its also so shiny and has a real healthy look to it. Thats after using it twice.

So all in all for £2.50 I really can't complain about this. Obviously there is alot of choice in oils in the shops right now, and this one may seem cheap but if you work it all out it does add to be a similar price to  other brands on the high street.

Have you tried this? What hair treatments do you use? Let me know

xoxo - Lizzy

3 comments:

  1. I've used argan oil in my hair, just not this brand. I have a bottle of Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil for my hair and it works pretty well, no silicones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used a few other argan oils from the high street but found them to be pretty watered down. This one was nice and thick like the higher end oil which was great. I'll have to grab a bottle of that one give it a try =]

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena