A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Monday 10 December 2012

MUA Make up brushes

Im a massive fan of MUA and was so excited when I saw they were planning some make up brushes. So as soon as they released them I had to grab a few. I was a little wary make up brushes from £1.50 they had to be too good to be true. So just to try them out to see quality and how well they apply. They are all synthetic and cruelty free, which is right up my street. The thought of animal hair brushes freaks me out a bit so I just don't buy them



I chose F6 which is a an angled blusher and contouring brush, E1 which is a base shadow brush, E2 which is an eyeshadow contour brush and E3 which is a blending a shadow brush.

F6 MUA brush £3

F6 - This an angled brush for blusher or contouring. The bristles on this are so soft and this also picks up a perfect amount of product to gently build up colour on your cheeks. I have used this for both blush and contouring and found for contouring its second to none it sits perfectly in the hollow of my cheeks. This brush would work really well with a two toned contour and highlight product due to the size. I've used this a fair few times since receiving it and haven't seen any shedding. I've spot washed it and its washed perfectly fine as well, but I'll update this when I've washed this properly. £3
Close up of F6 brush

E1 Brush £1.95
E1 - This eyeshadow brush is a standard lay down brush with a 'c' shape. Its a nice size for applying colour to the lids. Its about the size of the brush in Urban Decays original Naked palette. The bristles are firm without being stiff. It picks up colour beautifully. I've used this brush with both mattes and glitters and both were applied beautifully. £1.95
Close up of E1 bristles
E2 brush £1.95

E2 - This is an eyeshadow contour brush which I've never had in my brush collection before now. I was a bit unsure as to use it but discovered its great to apply colour to the crease. It creates beautiful contours on the eyes, it also applies colour to the outer corners beautifully. I did this morning in my rush to get out the door turn it on its side and use it to apply colour all over my lid, I found that with one sweep I could apply colour evenly over my entire lid. The bristles are super soft and move nicely. They are firm but not overly firm that their stiff. They hold their shape when applying shadows. £1.95
Close up of E2 bristles
E3 brush £1.95

E3 - This is a blending brush much like the MAC 217 brush. This blends harsh shadow lines like a dream. It isn't scratchy or rough on the eyes. I have used this clean just to blend and I've also used it with a shadow on and this works amazingly well both ways. The bristles are like the others super soft and this one has firmer bristles than the other eye shadow brushes. £1.95
Close up of E3 bristles


These brushes are perfectly weighted and sit nicely in your hands when you're working with them. The brush design is sleek and they look nice and professional.

These brushes are incredible for the price and they definitley feel much more expensive they are being sold for. MUA could easily charge more for these. The quality is comparable to higher end brushes. I am going to be ordering some more of they brushes as you can never have enough eyeshadow brushes! and also a few of the others.

The only downside is these are online only and aren't going into Superdrug stores. But for the price of them and the quality I'm not going to moan about having to order these online and wait for the postie to pop them through my door!

You can buy these brushes and the rest of the range online Here

Have you tried any MUA brushes? Let me know what you think of them!

xoxo - Lizzy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena