A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Monday 3 December 2012

Too faced Galaxy Glam

Sometimes Im a little snobby and quite often in TK Maxx I ignore the beauty area because there's never anything that catches my eyes and the brands aren't ones I'll use. Recently TK Maxx has had an explosion of great beauty brands available. I've seen a lot of Urban Decay, Too Faced, NYX and Nails Inc in my local store. Last time I was in there I grabbed a Too Faced Galaxy Glam eye shadow. I didn't really look at this in the store, it was one of those impulse buys. As the shade was called moon beam and there's a little running joke in our house about the words moon beam so it tickled me a little and I had to have it. At £3.99 I was really going to complain either.



The shadow is a marbled powder. Its nice and shimmery and catches the light beautifully. Its in a nice screw top tub and you get 3 gms of product. It is quite a chunky packaging but I like it its not fiddly or hard to handle. There also doesn't seem to be a way to depot this one.

The colour is a beautiful black based dark green. Looking into the pot I did originally think it was a black shadow but when \I swatched it at home was pleasantly suprised by the green that came through.


You can see from the swatch the actual colours of this. I love it! It looks amazing as a laydown colour and also so beautiful just in the crease. For me this colour is what I wanted from Libertine, the green black in Urban Decays black palette. But that shade left me pretty disapointed.

Top Moon beam bottom Libertine
You can see the difference in the amount of green between the two. If you've ever seen the black palette or own it you'll understand what I mean about this.

I'm loving this shadow and think I've started a little love affair with Too Faced products. So a few palettes are going onto my wish list.

Do you have this? Have any other Too Faced shadows I should try? Let me know

xoxo - Lizzy

1 comments:

  1. hey new follower here!!I found you through google =)
    you have a great blog going on here with lots of information. you should think about getting more exposure to increase readers =)

    Bea =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena