A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Saturday 1 December 2012

Sleek Primer Palette

I've become a huge fan of Sleek make up. I've been looking for some cream eye shadows to layed upnder powder shadows, So when I saw this in my local Superdrug I thought it was a perfect fit for me!



This is Sleeks Primer Palette. Its a 12 shade palette with cream shadows in. They are meant to be used as a base for layering powder shadows on top. You can use them on their own, I do, Just to create a nice wash of colour on your lids. For those days when you want a little eye make up on and some colour but not too much. They also blend together quite well so you can create looks with the primers themselves.

Like with all Sleek palettes this one comes with a lovely big mirror. I love how big their mirrors are, means when I stay at my boyfriends ,whos bedroom mirror is so awkward to get to, I can either use a mirror from one of my sleek palettes or grab my handy table top mirror. The palettes themselves are nice a sturdy. Their matte black and hard plastic. I'm in a weird way not too concerned about these. I don't mind travelling with this palette or accidentally dropping it. There pretty hard wearing. The palette comes with a brush, this brush isn't one of those little sponge ones Its a double ended bristle brush. I don't use it I blend these with my finger. Not something I normally do I'm quite fussy about that.  But I do find these go on better with your fingers. It also has a plastic overlay which I love, this keeps the mirror clean. Sleek also use this to label their shades.

Top row swatched
Top row left to right.
.Moonshine -           A white primer
Calypso -                Electric blue
Ultra Violet -           Purple. This ones very sheer.
Dare Devil -            Bright pink
Pink Frost -            A pale frosty pink
Silver Lining -         A grey/ silvery colour


Bottom row swatched
Bottom row from left to right:

Noir -                  Black
Peach -                A peachy creamy colour
Money tree -        A pearly green
Truffle -                A golden brown colour
Money Honey -    An ivory gold
Hot Wired -         A peachy mid pink

I love hot wired on its own or under Urban Decays Chopper. I also use Noir under matte/shimmer blacks for a full on black look. Or on its own blended up and out for a smokey look.

Sleek say all these primers match shades in their other Idivine palettes. I only have 1 at the moment (another is sat in my mums room wrapped for christmas, ultimate torture!)so I cant really comment on that aspect to the palette yet.

Its a great little palette that has many uses and so far has been used a lot!

Have you used this? What did you think? Let me know

xoxo - Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours , I'm a massive fan of sleek x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sleek! All Their palettes have such nice colours in x

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena