A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Monday 1 October 2012

Urban Decay eye primers

Urban Decay Primer potion (Top to bottom) Sin, Eden and Original.


Urban Decays Primer Potion has become a must have item for beauty junkies. I decided to purchase 3 out of the 4 they offer (I had a sample of greed and didn't like it enough to purchase a full sized)

Sin: a champagne shimmer primer which is amazing layered under glittery shadows, it just makes the colours pop and adds to the shimmer effect without changing the colour.

Eden: a yellow toned matte base primer which is great for layering with matte shadows, doesn't add shimmer and keeps the integrity of the finish. Also looks fab under shimmery shadows the yellow tones really push the colour that are on the eyes and make them look almost exactly like they do in the pan.

Original: a clear primer base which looks great with any shadow used.

Swatch below

(Top to bottom) Sin, Eden and Original which is just visible.

Why use a primer?

Primers help keep eye shadows on your eyes for longer. They give the shadows a base to stick to and help stop them wearing off. I know with any of these primers I can fall asleep in my eye make up and the next day it looks as perfect as when I applied it. This means you don't need to touch up your eye make up when your out and about!

Top to botton - Chopper along, over Sin, over Eden, over Original.

Using a primer makes your eye shadows pop it adds something new to it. You can see from the swatch about how beautiful Urban Decays Chopped looks over over the primers. I love layering this colour over sin which adds to the glitter in the shadow. Most of the time I do use Eden as I find that where I have greasy lids it keeps the shadow from creasing better and keeps my lids oil free. You don't need to have oily lids like me to use this though I just find it works better for me.

They are £14.50 each and can be purchased at Debenhams and House of Fraser stores or online Here and Here

Which primers do you use? Are there any on the market I should try out? Let me know your thoughts.

xoxo - Lizzy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena