A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Schwarzkopf Color XXL



I'm a hair chameleon and decided that after 3 years of having bright red hair it was time for a change. So I went for a purple colour and chose Schwarzkopf as I love how vibrant their hair dyes are.

Schwarzkopf are one of the leading hair dye brands both in home dying and professional so when it comes to dying mine they are the go to brand. I find that for the size of the product and the amount of money your paying for the product there is enough in one bottle to completely cover my mid length hair which is fairly thick. Normally for my length hair I find I do need with some brands 2 bottles to completely cover and get an even coverage with the hair dye. Nothing worse than freshly dyed hair but a massive patch where youve missed it or had to leave it where you've run out of dye! The dye itself is easy to use and is easy to do by yourself. The only downside is the size of the conditioner. A few hair dye brands do give you alot of conditioner which is meant to last you up to 6 treatments. With this the bottle size is almost enough to do your whole hair just the once.

One thing I like about Schwarzkopf is there isn't an over whelming hair dye smell. It doesn't smell particularly pleasant but definitely isn't the worst smelling! 


The box stated it should come out similar to this colour. As with all hair dyes this does depend on the colour your hair already is. Mine started as a bright red with a bleached dip dye ends. leaving this on for the stated 30 minutes left me with this result.

My starting colour.


Finished colour.




Its much darker than I expected it to be It is in some lights almost black but in other lights it is very purple. I think its going to take alot of getting used to to be honest! But I do like it so far! As you can see from the images with a lot of light on my hair it does look purple but without being so close with good lighting just very very dark.

How my hair looks up close.


What hair dyes do you use? Had any hair dye horror stories! Let me know =]

xoxo - Lizzy

1 comments:

  1. to get that tone per the box indicator you would have to have extremely blond hair and in your case strip with with bleach first, unfortinaly having the original red tone would have made that VERY hard. I have black blue hair....im in the same boat :(

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena