A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Saturday 27 October 2012

My must have mattes!

As I've said before I have oily skin and am prone to oil slicks on my face! To combat this I use a whole host of matte finishing products. My favourites are:





  1. MAC Studio fix concealer. I love this concealer. It is thick and gives a flawless finish to the skin. It is also a full coverage concealer which covers anything I may have on my face. Having oily skin I am prone to breakouts to a good concealer is a must. With this one I find it doesn't slide around my face and it stays on beautifully through out the day. It does crease a small amount but I so far haven't found a great full coverage concealer that doesn't to some extent. It doesn't dry shiney or gooey. A small amount really covers an awful lot. A small swipe can completely do under my eyes and round my nose. (£14.50 at MAC counters or online. Find them in House of Fraser and selected Debanhams.)
  2. Rimmel stay Matte pressed powder. I love this powder, it isn't chalky or cakey on my skin and I only need to load my brush two to three times to do my whole face and neck area. This powder keeps my foundation set all day and soaks up any unwanted oil. It keeps my skin so soft as well. (£3.99 most chemists, drug stores and super markets)
  3. Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse, This is a holy grail product for me. I could not live my life without it. For me it keeps my skin looking flawless while keeping me shine free. I know alot of other bloggers hate this foundation but I simply Love it. The colour is a perfect match for my skin tone and one jar lasts me around a month. I blend it in with my real techniques expert face brush. It doesn't sit in my pores or dry my skin out. I can put this on early morning and it still looks matte and perfect when I arrive home some hours later. Even on a night out it stays put. (£7:69 Superdrug, Boots and selected independent chemists)

A few other products to keep my skin matte

Urban Decays De Slick: This sets my skin perfectly and keeps the shine at bay. You can also use this to prime the skin by spraying onto your skin before starting your make up routine. 

Urban Decays Eden primer potion: This keeps my eye lids oil free. Occasionally I find that my eye lids can become rather oily and my eye make up separates leaving greasy lines. Using Eden which is a mattifying primer potion this doesnt happen. It keeps my shadow looking exactly how I applied it that morning. With no creasing or with it sliding off. 

Using all these products together I find I can achieve a better standard of make up. My make up looks better and stays on my skin much better and for much longer. It also helps keep breakouts to a minimum as I rarely swap my basic make up products. 

Do you have oily skin? What products do you swear by? Which would you recommend to me? Let me know -[ 

xoxo - Lizzy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena