A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Thursday 11 October 2012

Kate Moss for Rimmel

I have a bit of an obsession with lipstick at the moment. I just can't resist a pretty lip colour and how one simple item can change a whole make up look.




 A while ago I came across the Kate moss for Rimmel range and saw a beautiful deep purple colour, (colour 4) and just had to have it! I'm a massive fan of the Rimmel lasting finish lipsticks already and of their moisture rich lippies. So I didn't hesitate to pick it up.


The formula is great the lipstick glides on effortlessly over the lip and their super moistuising as well. I do find where this is such a dark colour it can go on pretty patchy if I use a brush so I do put it on straight from the stick and blend the edges gently with a brush for a polished finish.

Colour 4 is a very deep plumy purple colour which makes for a nice gothy/grundgy look. I also use it along with a deep pink or a red to create an ombre look across my lips. This colour would look so stunning on someone with a deeper skin tone than mine as I am really pale so it does wash my skin out if I dont use a touch of bronzer or a warm blush.



Loving the first one as much as I do obviously I had to purchase another colour. So I picked up 26 which is a beautiful nude colour. This particular colour has a real full coverage on the lips. My lips are naturally quite pigmented and using nudes can sometimes mean I have to use a concealer to try to block out my colour or I have to really layer the colour on, But this one goes on like a dream. Its a shade that doesn't look as though I have used concealer it has a nice apricot colour to it. It smells fab like sweets. I love layering this with my Urban Decay lip junkie in midnight cowboy as this gives it a beautiful shine and really doesnt interfere with the colour of the lipstick.


With both these shades they both last for ages on the lip. I wear the nude to university and most days I've applied it around 7ish in the mornings and it doesn't need a reapply till 2 which is great for me! Means I don't have to keep getting a lip stick out and applying the colour in between lectures, when your a student you just don't have time for that.
Left 4 right 26


I have recently also purchased a nice matt colour from the collection which I'm currently trying out. I will post about this in a few days.

As with all Rimmel products you can pick them up in Superdrug and Boots stores as well as online. You can also find Rimmel in many independent chemists and supermarket stores.


Have you tried any Kate Moss for Rimmel lip sticks? Which ones are your favorites? Let me know!

xoxo - Lizzy

1 comments:

  1. Those colours are great! Your blog is lovely! Feel free to have a look at mine too, it would be lovely to get to know some more bloggers! x

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena