A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Friday 26 October 2012

MUA Prow Brow: The ultimate eyebrow kit.

Everyone wants nice eyebrows. Eyebrows frame your face and lets face it without them we just look weird! After running becoming frustrated with the look of my eye brows using a pencil I decided it was time for a change and some powder and wax was the way to go.





My local Superdrug is a bit hit and miss with its stock so when I saw this and saw it was on offer I didn't hesitate to grab it! Just what I was looking for and more for only £3!


The brow kit comes with 3 different shades of brow powder. One light one medium and one dark. It also comes with a wax, a double ended brush and a pair of mini tweezers. The kit also boasts a rather nice large mirror. Perfect for on the go touch ups!  The packaging is really nice and sleek and is easy to handle.

I use the medium shade in the pan it looks pretty light but once blended into my brows its perfect, occasionally I might opt for the darker shade and rock an ombre eyebrow look. The powders are nice and creamy and really blendable. They aren't chalky or cakey. The lightest colour also doubles up as a highlighter.  The wax is great it slicks eye brows into place and sets them for the day. Its a clear wax so it doesn;t add any colour to your brows. So for them days when you don't want to add colour you can just set them in place with the wax and go.




The only problem I have with the kit is the brush. It is a bit fiddly and quite harsh. Its a blunt brush and I just don't like it. So I use an angled liner brush that I have instead and its fine. I do use the brush for the wax though. The tweezers are great. I always find mine go missing in the sea of my 'junk drawer' in my make up drawers. (My junk drawer consists of false eye lashes, tweezers, excess make up, scissors etc)  So having these in the kit is so handy for removing the strays in between getting my eye brows done.

Darkest to lightest from top to bottom


My top tip for doing eye brows: To avoid that awful too dark look start with the lightest colour and work up to the darkest to find your perfect shade and fill brows in then set with wax.

HAve you used this brow kit? Prefer a pencil? Let me know your thoughts =]

xoxo - Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. I've always been after this! But my Superdrug MUA stand is such a mess and I can never find anything :( xx

    thewondersofwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah mines the same! MUA is always gappy. They have the space for the stock but nothing there. Pretty annyoing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena