A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Wednesday 31 October 2012

NYC Smooch proof lip stain.

Lip stains are a great way of putting colour on your lips without having to reapply during the day. The trend with them at the moment is to be in a felt tip pen. I'm a lip product junkie and love grabbing new lippies whenever I see one. I've used a few lip stains before and have hated having to apply them. The nail polish like brushes are annoying and don't give an even finish so I always use a lip brush, so when I saw this one in my local Superdrug I picked up and decided to give it a try.

NYC Lipstain - £3.99 superdrug
I grabbed Berry long time. Which is a beautiful pinky berry colour. It applies to the lips really easy and gives a subtle wash of colour. The amount of colour applied to the lips is enough to see a change but too much.




The trend is to have them in a felt tip pen style applicator, which I love. These pens give you more control on how you apply and allow you to create effortless neat lines around your lips. With these there is no need for an additional lip liner as you can line your lips with it.  The product smells like sugary sweets. I have used this a fair few times since buying and I must say it does last a long time! I've used it on nights out and the next morning its still there, which is good if I'm just wanting a wash of lip gloss but not if I'm planning on a new colour. It is quite hard to take off you do need a little elbow grease.


I use this as a base for berry lipsticks (such as Kate Moss matte 107) as once the lip stick has worn off there is still colour on the lips and the change is minimal. It does mean when your out and about if your lip colour does wash off you can leave it longer than normal to reapply.

Do you use lip stains? Let me know which ones work best!

xoxo - Lizzy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena