A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Monday 11 February 2013

Mac Viva Glam Nicki 2

I know this product has been blogged about to death but I just couldn't let this product go by me without talking about.

I'm a huge Mac fan and a lover of Nicki Minaj. So when I saw the original press release for her Viva glam collaborations I was intrigued. The first one wasn't really for me I'm not into the pink colour of the first. Just wasn't a pink that I liked. But when I saw Viva Glam Nicki 2 in all its pastel lavender glory I fell in love.(Its a really similar colour to a Barry M lavender I'd purchased but broken and had to depot) So as soon as I realised it had been released and was in Reading I made a beeline for House of Fraser and grabbed it!

Mac describe this lippy as a pastel lavender pink lipstick with a satin finish. This is my main bug bear with this lipstick my personal preference of Mac lipsticks is the satin finish. So I was even more excited to get my hands on this one. But the box states it's an Amplified Creme, so I was a bit miffed with that but hey.

The colour is  beautiful. Its a perfect soft lavender with pink undertones. The colour pay off is great. I hate buying pastel colours only to find their very sheer or give you a horrible patchy finish when you try to build it up. This one has a great opaque finish, I have quite pigmented lips and this covers everything and blocks out my lip colour.

Like I mentioned earlier the finish is an Amplified Creme which is a glossy opaque long lasting lipstick finish. They have a thick formulation as well. I do like this finish theres a nice shine to your lips without the glossy feel. (personally I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss, not a product I buy alot of or wear a lot of)

This is fairly long lasting I wore it to a dinner party and with eating and drinking I did re-apply after 2-3 hours.

I have played around with this a fair few times its a lovely versatile lipstick. The formula means the colour can easily be changed with a coloured lip liner or mixed with a darker colour to create beautiful ombre effects. Rebel for example looks stunning when used with Viva Glam Nicki 2! As does Candy yum yum.


You can purchase Mac from selected House of Fraser and Debanhams stores as well as online Here!

Are you a viva glam fan? Did you grab one of these? Let me know!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena