A uk beauty blog giving you reviews, tips and tricks with all aspects of make up and beauty.

Friday 11 October 2013

Benefit Fake Up.

I love Benefit face products. I am obsessed with Boi-ing so when ever they bring out another concealer I have to grab one and have a try out. 

As ever with Benefit the packaging is adorable! Has a gorgeous vintage feel to it. The product itself comes in a lipstick form so this is great for travel and storage. Also means applying the product is even easier. You can just pop it on and blend with a finger. Pretty fuss free!

I picked up Fake up a little while ago and have been using it a fair amount since getting it. It isn't as heavy duty as boi-ing so I do switch between the two depending on what foundation I'm using and the level of coverage I want. I would say it's not good at hiding really dark circles. If you sleep pretty well and your eye area is quite light this will work. But I find sometimes after a terrible nights sleep (boyfriend is a serious snorer and I'm a pretty bad sleeper) Fake Up just won't cut it. 

Benefit claim this is hydrating and crease proof. Hydrating it certainly is! I have quite oily skin so I was pretty worried about that. It doesn't slide off or leave greasy residue . When Fake Up is blended it does set with a satin sort of feel. I put a small amount of powder over just to ensure it stays. 
Fake Up swatched unblended
Because of my oily eye areas I have a huge problem with creasing. Benefit claim this has crease control. I would say it is to a point. 5/6 hours worth of wear and it starts to crease, but this is a fair amount of wear for me. The packaging makes it easy for you to apply a little more and blend out. It also doesn't sit in lines around the eyes. 

Fake Up Blended
I do find where this has a concealer core with a hydrating gel around the outside the actual product does get quite messy. The concealer part does bleed into the gel. This is only really an issue if like me you're a bit ocd with how clean your make up is. 

It's light weight and when blended is virtually undetectable. It comes in three shades: Light, Medium and Dark

 You can pick one up from selected Boots, Debenhams and stand alone Benefit stores for £18.50  You can get one online Here!.

Have you used Fake Up? Whats your favorite concealer? Let me know!

XOXO - Lizzy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All Images and literary works copyright Lizzy Jane Holliday unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Lizzyjane - Find me on Bloggers.com

© Butterflys at the mailbox, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena